Mandatory Pre-Requisite Upgrade
Download the SimplifySuiteAS.xml file.
Replace the file currently located in C:\Program Files\Tricerat\Simplify Suite\Simplify Console with the newly downloaded file.
To add users that are not Admins to the console, use the Authorization Manager snap in of the MMC.
- Start MMC.
- Add the Authorization Manager snap-in.
- Go to Action > Open Authorization Store…
- Navigate to
C:\Program Files\Tricerat\Simplify Suite\Simplify Console
- Open the SimplifySuiteAS.xml file.
Initially, there is just one role that is defined, the Administrator role. Use the MMC snap in to create a new role and assign the necessary users. Each role can have any number of default user tasks based on the different roles. There is no limit on the number of different roles that can be assigned, allowing for the granularity of control desired.
After all roles have been defined and users added:
- Start Tricerat Simplify Console.
- Go to Tools > Options.
- Under Simplify Console, highlight Security.
- Check the Enable use of Authorization Manager and point to the same SimplifySuiteAS.xml file that was modified above.
- Test to verify desired operation.