Mandatory Pre-Requisite Upgrade
To add users that are not Admins to the console, use the Authorization Manager snap in of the MMC.
- Run azman.msc
- Additionally, you can start MMC and Add the Authorization Manager snap-in.
- Go to Action -> Open Authorization Store…
- Navigate to
C:\Program Files\Tricerat\Simplify Suite\Simplify Console
- Open the SimplifySuiteAS.xml file.
Once opened, you can review the few basic, pre-created role definitions like Administrator, Assign Printers, and View Console Only that may be useful. Or you can start creating your own with each new role having any number of default user tasks based on the different roles . There is no limit on the number of different roles that can be assigned, allowing for the granularity of control desired.
You can read more about Authorization Manager here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc726036(v=ws.11).aspx
After all roles have been defined and users added:
- Start Tricerat Simplify Console.
- Go to Tools -> Options.
- Under Simplify Console, highlight Security.
- Check the Enable use of Authorization Manager and point to the same SimplifySuiteAS.xml file that was modified above.
- Test to verify desired operation.