Simplify Suite v6 is a major version release from Tricerat, and requires an uninstall of previous versions before installing. The uninstall process does not alter the database, so all configuration settings and assignments will remain in place. In many cases a simple uninstall of Simplify Suite v5 is sufficient prior to installing Simplify Suite v6, but to increase success rates Tricerat has developed a script to completely clean the system of Tricerat components before installing v6. Please use the following instructions as an upgrade best practice.
Upgrading Terminal Servers and Virtual Desktops
- Uninstall Simplify Suite v5 using add/remove programs.
Copy “Tricerat Removal Script.ps1” to a location on the local disk. This script will remove all installed Tricerat products including ScrewDrivers v4, ScrewDrivers v6, Simplify Suite v5, Simplify Suite v6, Simplify License Server v2, Simplify Scanning v2 and Simplify Scanning v6. This script will remove any version of any Tricerat product.
This script is safe to run even if ScrewDrivers was not installed on the server. The script will detect any previously installed Tricerat product and clean the detected files.
- Open a command prompt as administrator.
Start PowerShell by running
PowerShell Version Requirement
The removal script requires PowerShell 3.0 or higher. This version is standard on Windows Server 2012 and higher, and Windows 8 and higher. If you have an older operating system which does not already have PowerShell 3.0 or higher installed, download the installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34595
- At the PowerShell command prompt, change directory to the location of the script that was copied in step 2.
- Execute the script by running
& ‘.\Tricerat Removal Script.ps1’
You may need to execute 'Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted' to allow the script to be run
- A successful run of the script will end with “Cleanup completed successfully.”. If necessary, the script will prompt for a reboot.
- Proceed by running the install for Simplify Suite v6.
For reference, the script performs the following actions:
- Uninstall any software titled “Simplify Suite” or “ScrewDrivers”.
- Stopping and removing all Tricerat services.
- Clean the registry of all Tricerat-related keys and values.
- Delete any remaining files in the Tricerat folder under Program Files.
- Restarting the print spooler, removing Tricerat driver files in the process.
Upgrading Print Servers to Simplify Printing v6
- Upgrading print servers do not require a cleanup script, but should still be done by uninstalling the existing software before installing the new ScrewDrivers Print Server Agent.
- Uninstall the old version of the ScrewDrivers Print Server Agent
- Go to Services and verify that the ScrewDrivers v4 Print Server is no longer present.
- If needed, stop the ScrewDrivers v4 Print Server and run the following command from a command prompt, as Administrator, to remove the old service:
sc delete “ScrewDrivers v4 Print Server”
- Reboot server prior to installing new software
- Install the new version of the ScrewDrivers Print Server Agent.
Upgrading ScrewDrivers Clients
ScrewDrivers clients should be upgraded by uninstalling ScrewDrivers Client v4 before installing ScrewDrivers Client v6.