Version 220.127.116.1181 was re-released in February 2020 and is the current production release.
Version 18.104.22.16812 was released in December 2019 and has been succeeded by the 22.214.171.12481 version.
Before installing this version, your Tricerat Licensing Server must be upgraded to v5.2.1 or later! The upgrade to v5.2.1 Tricerat Licensing Server needs to be completed before upgrading any server component to avoid license checkout issues! See this page for upgrade instructions: Upgrading Your License Server The latest version is v5.2.1.
New Features and Enhancements
- Decreased printing times on Windows 10 servers where ScrewDrivers or Simplify Printing is installed. These improvements will affect all printing paths on all OS's however, Windows 10 19xx builds will see a dramatic decrease in printing times.
- Added support for Linux ScrewDrivers clients (future release) to our client auto-update feature.
Improvements and Fixes
- Fixed a bug that prevented the logging expire feature from working properly. When logging is enabled for debugging, all logs older than the expire setting (default is 24 hours) will be deleted.
- Fixed a bug that could result in a Simplify Notification Service.exe crash when multiple domains were used.
- Fixed a bug in MapMangement.exe when adding maps to the database.
- Fixed a bug in UAP Tool when displaying a printer when the printer was both Admin Assigned and User Allowed.
- Fixed a bug that could crash the ScrewDrivers port monitor.
- Installer support has been dropped for 2008 32bit operating systems.
- When limiting the number of ScrewDrivers client printers created on the server, the limit does not consider server denied printer drivers. Example, you could limit to build 4 printers maximum, but if 4 of those printers are denied due to the driver name, no ScrewDrivers printer will be created for the User! This will be addressed in a future release.
Updates for the 126.96.36.19981 release
- Suite installer improvements regarding SQL connection strings
- Printing cache improvement for large print jobs
- ScrewDrivers server increased timeout while waiting for font data from the ScrewDrivers client
- ScrewDrivers client print jobs are now owned by the user logged into the client machine
- Driver Management added support for UNC printer connections