To have the agents be able to auto discover the Simplify printing TX server you need to create a DNS SRV record on your DNS server
Note: You should be logged on to the server or domain minimally as a member of the Domain Admins group or a member of the DnsAdmins group.
- On the DNS server, click Start, click Control Panel, click Administrative Tools, and then click DNS.
- Click Other New Records.
- In Select a resource record type, click Service Location (SRV), and then click Create Record.
- Click Service, and then type _sptx.
- Click Protocol, and then type _tcp.
- Click Port Number, and then type 40404.
- Click Host offering this service, and then type the FQDN of the Torx server.
- Choose a Priority for this server (0=highest priority).
- Choose a Weight for this server. If servers have the same priority, the connection will be distributed based on the weight. (All of the servers combined should add up to 100.) If you only have one server, Weight is not used.
- Click OK.
- Click Done.