This article describes how to use Simplify Profiles to save Office 365 credentials when using a mandatory or local profile.
- Save/Restore HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office
- Create file operation to copy credentials folder
- With a profiles object selected, change to the file operations tab.
- Click the button New Copy/Move/Rename Operation.
- Name the operation, e.g. Credentials
- Set the operation type to Copy Folder(s) and configure to perform this operation at start.
- In the folder to copy edit box, enter the path to the network folder redirection for that user. For example, if the folder redirection for appdata is
\\fileserver\redir\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming, set the folder to copy
In the destination edit box, enter the path to the local profile location, e.g.
For a folder copy operation, the folder that will be copied is only listed in the folder to copy string. The destination string does not include the folder that will be copied, just the location to copy the folder.
- Under Copy Folder Options, select the options for include subfolders, overwrite file if exists, copy folder back at end, and include hidden/system files.
- Repeat the above steps for the following folders:
- Save the profiles object
Verify that the profile object is assigned to users