Starting with release 6.10.0 Tricerat is making a new API Dll and CLI executable available for administrators to automate certain operations that have been a purely manual process within the Simplify Console. Documentation for the CLI will be provided directly in this KB article but those wishing to use the API Dll should contact support to setup a call with development to get started coding directly with the API.
the TriceratCLI.exe is automatically installed anywhere the Simplify Console is installed. To use it either run it directly from a command line (cmd.exe or the like) or from a scripting language of your choosing. It currently has functions to refresh print servers that are already defined in the database. Additional functionality will be added in future releases. Optional parameters are specified with square brackets "[optional parameter]". Parameters in italics are those to be specified by the administrator.
Operations for refreshing Print Server(s)
- .\TriceratCLI.exe -psrefreshall [-psdelete]
- This option will refresh all print servers defined in the database and optionally delete any printer objects (and associated assignments) that are not found in this query. This option is helpful if a printer has been removed from the print server and you don't want queues to be created anymore. This is currently a manual operation in the console.
- .\TriceratCLI.exe -psrefreshbyname print_server_object_name [-psdelete]
- This option will refresh any print server objects that have the specified name and as above optionally delete missing printer objects.
- .\TriceratCLI.exe -psrefreshbyid print_server_object_id [-psdelete]
- This option will refresh the single print server specified by the object id passed in and as above will optionally delete missing printer objects. The object ID is found in the database and is automatically generated whenever a print server object is created. This option, because it requires knowledge of the database schema will be the least easily used and is being made available for future use with additional commands that will automate the creation of objects.
The CLI will automatically generate a log of the work that it performs in the standard Tricerat logging location "C:\ProgramData\Tricerat\Logs" that can be used to verify the work performed or to assist support in determining why an error happened.