ScrewDrivers v6 is a major version release from Tricerat, and requires an uninstall of previous versions before installing. In many cases a simple uninstall of ScrewDrivers v4 is sufficient prior to installing ScrewDrivers v6, but to increase success rates Tricerat has developed a script to completely clean the system of Tricerat components before installing v6. Please use the following instructions as an upgrade best practice.
Upgrading Terminal Servers and Virtual Desktops
- Uninstall ScrewDrivers v4 using add/remove programs.
Copy “Tricerat Removal Script.ps1” to a location on the local disk. This script will remove any version of any Tricerat product.
This script is safe to run even if Simplify Suite was not installed on the server. The script will detect any version of any installed Tricerat product and clean the detected files.
- Open a command prompt as administrator.
Start PowerShell by running
PowerShell Version Requirement
The removal script requires PowerShell 3.0 or higher. This version is standard on Windows Server 2012 and higher, and Windows 8 and higher. If you have an older operating system which does not already have PowerShell 3.0 or higher installed, download the installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34595
- At the PowerShell command prompt, change directory to the location of the script that was copied in step 2.
- Execute the script by running
& ‘.\Tricerat Removal Script.ps1’
- A successful run of the script will end with “
Cleanup completed successfully."
- Reboot the server.
- Proceed by running the install for ScrewDrivers v6.
For reference, the script performs the following actions:
- Uninstall any software titled “Simplify Suite” or “ScrewDrivers”.
- Stopping and removing all Tricerat services.
- Clean the registry of all Tricerat-related keys and values.
- Delete any remaining files in the Tricerat folder under Program Files.
- Restarting the print spooler, removing Tricerat driver files in the process.
Upgrading ScrewDrivers Clients
ScrewDrivers clients should be upgraded by uninstalling ScrewDrivers Client v4 before installing ScrewDrivers Client v6.